Monday, July 28, 2008

A vacation from my vacation

I'm officially back from my vacation.

Refreshed. Relaxed. Ready to right, er, write. And that's what I'm doing at work this week -- catching up on the writing I missed last week.

Some wonderful things happened last week while I was gone. Another writer with whom I've been corresponding became agented.
Every now and then you get a feeling that something huge is going to happen for someone in the not-too-distant future. When I started corresponding with JC, I started to get that feeling right off the bat. Just from the small excerpts I've read of her novel and from her blog, I can tell she definitely writes from the soul.

Congrats JC Lamont on finding an agent! Yea!

As for my own work, I missed my own self-imposed deadline. I wanted to get my novel rewrite done before I left for the Hills last week. I'm about 20,000 words from the end. I think my deadline was pretty unrealistic to begin with. But...I've got a lot of work to do in the next few days.

Anyway, as promised, I made a video from my trip. If you'd like to watch, click on the top panel on the right.

No comments: