Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Step into my office

The title of this post reflects back on the Cameron Diaz/Ben Stiller flick "There's Something About Mary."

In it, there's a hilarious scene where Stiller's character picks up a hitchhiker who says he plans to make a workout video that will make him rich.

His idea: 7-Minute Abs. After all, if so many people are willing to fork over their cash for the popular 8-Minute Abs workout videos, then cutting the workout down by a whole minute has to be better, right?

Absurd? Definitely, and that's what makes it funny.

But surprisingly enough I've found the hitchhiker might have been onto something with that 7-Minute idea.

That brings me to my super easy-peasy sure-fire way to motivate yourself to work out.

When you really, really think you're too exhausted, achy, fatigued, busy [insert additional excuses here] to work out, give yourself seven minutes.

Put your shoes, socks, workout clothes on and start walking or doing some sort of cardio movement for seven minutes. Make sure you're moving at a brisk enough pace to get the blood pumping.

If, after seven minutes, you're not sufficiently motivated to continue then, by all means, stop.

(But I bet you won't.)

Let me know how you did in the comments below or tweet at me @katharriswrites.

On Monday: Mystery post!

No comments: