Monday, October 20, 2008

Top of the World




Lynn Rush has Musical Mondays on her blog, and she asked her readers what their favorite songs are.

Well, to me, picking a favorite song is like picking a favorite child.

BUT, there is one song that I've loved since I heard it several years ago.

I believe I once heard vocalist, Natalie Maines, describe the song "Top of the World" (by the Dixie Chicks -- yes, the Dixie Chicks) as a song that's lyrics are told from the point of view of a man who has died. It's about lamenting missed opportunities and the crushing feeling of regret.

Wow. What an upper for a Monday, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that video creeped me out when his face imposed over the girls' faces. OMG.

BUT....having said that....WOW! Can we say powerful lyrics?

There are sooo many songs that impact me. I think that's why I have one a different one every Monday...because there are so many:-) LOL

Thanks for sharing this one with us. WOW.