Monday, June 23, 2008

A crash course in the absurd

I woke up laughing this morning.

Funny dream, you see.

I dreamt I was in college and had skipped the last two weeks of my classes. I wanted to return and planned to come up with some brilliant excuse as to why I hadn't attended class for the past few weeks so I wouldn't get an F. The problem was I couldn't find my syllabus, and I couldn't recall the times my classes met or the classes I was taking.

Finally, after tearing my house apart in my search, I found the syllabus and was shocked that literary agent Nathan Bransford (Curtis Brown) was the instructor for my philosophy class. The first thing out of my mouth was: "Nathan Bransford? I know who that is. I didn't know he taught philosophy."

I woke up, rolled over and laughed.

This desire to be published has pushed me a little too far. Someone better save me soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kitty Kat,

Please quit goofing around on your blogspot and get back to writing my story.

- Heather