Monday, April 18, 2016

O is for a Mid-Point Update

I'm doing the A-to-Z Blog Challenge.

Today is for O, and O is for onerous.

Onerous - an adjective  
(of a task, duty, or responsibility) involving an amount of effort and difficulty that is oppressively burdensome.

I once blogged five days a week and found it therapeutic. But as soon as the ideas dried up and my attention moved to different tasks, my interest in blogging waned and I only did it once or twice a week.

For awhile, I stopped blogging altogether.

I picked up again about a year ago and, before the blog challenge, I tried to make sure I wrote at least one post a week.

But now...

Now....

Now, I'm 18 days into this 30-day blog challenge, and onerous is the word I'd use to describe how I feel about it.

Some letters are easy to match a topic to. Others, not so much.

I had a great post planned for the letter "P," and I was all excited about writing it.

Then I realized O came first.

And today's blog post feels especially onerous.

Tomorrow will be better. I Promise.
 * * *

Kathryn Harris is an award-winning journalist and author of the contemporary novel THE LONG ROAD TO HEAVENAll royalties she receives from April 2016's online sales of The Long Road to Heaven will be donated in memory of the late Caylee Hoehne to the United Way for use with the Court Appointed Special Advocates program for abused and neglected children. Please consider helping this worthwhile cause.

No comments: