Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Little Rest Does A Body, Mind A World of Good

I've been out of commission for most of the day today.

I've accomplished very little aside from making it to church this morning.

This day of inactivity followed a full day of heavy labor in the gardens outside of my house. My muscles ache, but my landscaping looks incredible in comparison to how it looked early Saturday morning.

The thing is I don't feel guilty about taking a day of rest. It's something we've been encouraged to do since the very beginning of Biblical times. It's what God did on the seventh day.

Sometimes we neglect the fact that our bodies and minds need rest.

So tonight's message is a reminder that a well-earned rest is not sloth, and it is not sin.

“Be still, and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10

No comments: