Thursday, September 20, 2012

Setting sail

Sometimes life throws you a curveball.

Take, for instance, this post. I intended to have it ready to go this morning. I intended to write about ways to gauge progress that didn't include the scale.

And yet, here I am, talking to you about life's curveballs.

Fitting. Isn't it?

I've had a rough week. Situations arose that could easily have set me back.

Oddly enough I never felt like giving up on myself and my goals. I allowed myself time to be angry and found ways to cope with that anger in a healthy way. (Read: I punished that darn elliptical and cried a little - but not at the same time.) I also benefitted from gaining some outside perspective of the situation and from sharing my frustrations with others who felt like I did.

Now that the week is almost over and crisis has been averted, I feel like I've come out as the winner.

That, in itself, is progress.

So my advice to you today is simple: When life and all of its stupidbastardomegalomaniaccrazyassdumbkofftoadlickingpigwaxingdiseaseriddenpsychotic people and moments threaten to upset your apple cart, remember yourself and your goals.

It may sound selfish, but you are living this life for you. There are people out there who love you and want to see you as the happy and healthy light God intends for you to be.

When you feel like giving up, that's when you need to keep your head in the game and your eyes on the prize.

And remember that YOU are in control of YOUR life.

As someone once said: You may not be able to control the direction of the wind, but you can set your sails to reach your destination.

Until Monday...Godspeed.

No comments: