Monday, August 4, 2008

Patience, the virtue which hath escaped me

Patience definitely isn't your strong point. Is it? Long Road's leading man, Nick Tyler, says this to Heather the heroine (sounds like a new comic book star, doesn't it?) at one point of the story.

Heather the Heroine ;-) is a lot like me is some aspects.

Over the weekend, I finished the second to the last chapter of my first-person revision. I feel like it has taken forever to reach this point.

Why? Waning patience, I guess.

But some wonderful things have happened to me over the course of writing this revision.

I've met some other awesome writers online (JC Lamont, Sue Seeger, Katy McKenna) and received helpful critiques from readers on the Authoress's Web blog.

I've also learned a lot about scene construction, character depth and how to properly post a video to YouTube. (Hey, I'm a little behind.)

Yesterday, I was blessed with an idea for the short epilogue to Long Road with which I've struggled for a long time. I'm sure the end of the week will come before I get around to writing it. I'm so excited I'm about to jump out of my skin.

It feels good.

It feels real.

It's a pretty good day for a Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat. Glad you're finding other writers out there to help. I love ACFW (www.acfw.com) - they have so many resources, classes, etc. I've learned so much from them over the last few months, you should check them out as well.
Great news about you getting more done on your project.
Press on!!